With the extra pressures of everyone being in the house all day if you’re living through pandemic restrictions, it’s very important to separate your working day from your leisure time.
Even if you’ve worked from home in your PJs (we’ll come to that in another tip), you need to stop work.
How to end your working day
- Switch off your computer and put it out of sight. Even if you simply drape a towel over your work area
- Switch off your work phone – you’re not paid to work 24/7
- Wash your hands! You’d be surprised how many germs are lingering on your keyboard and phone screen
Then do one of these
- Take a shower or bath
- Get changed into different clothes
- Do a workout
- Sit and take a few focused breaths (see next tip)
Now you’ve changed your energy you’re in a more relaxed state, and ready to prepare and enjoy a delicious, nutritious meal. Put on your favourite music, listen to a podcast, or just enjoy some peace and quiet.
And so on to tip # 4
If you found this tip helpful,
please share it with anyone you think would also benefit from it.